Want to work with us? See Below for more details.
The prestigious non-profit organization, The Groundlings Theatre & School, seeks a part-time Business Manager to oversee the financial management, payroll, and human resource administration of the organization. The ideal candidate will have excellent financial experience, exemplary communication skills, a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and a passion for the arts.
The Groundlings is a nonprofit improvisation and sketch comedy theatre that has been entertaining LA audiences for over 40 years, so there is a strong passion (and humor!) for what we do here. We work hard to create an inclusive, kind, and empathetic environment that encourages teamwork and collaboration.
- Daily bookkeeping (A/R, A/P, etc)
- Budget development and implementation
- Generating and analyzing finance reports
- Managing insurance, permit, tax, and compliance needs
- Payroll processing (bi-weekly) for an organization of 100+ employees
- Oversee employee benefit programs, PTO, annual reviews, and pay changes
- Maintain employees records, update employment policies, assist with disciplinary process
- Supporting the diversity and equity mission and values of the organization, and cultivating a supportive and inclusive work environment for all our employees
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Great organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to handle sensitive situations with tact and patience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- Experience with Quickbooks (or similar accounting program) and GAAP accounting requirements; experience with non-profit accounting a plus
- Experience with Excel, Word, Adobe suite, and Google Docs (or similar software) a plus, but not required
- Experience with Tessitura (or a similar ticketing system) a plus, but not required
- Part-time to start with potential of job growth
- Flexible weekly hours - expectation of 20-25 hours per week to start
- Remote work options
- Majority of duties performed remotely right now, due to Covid-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Personal protective equipment provided and required when onsite
- Social distancing guidelines in place when onsite
- Thorough sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place for both buildings
Salary / Compensation
- commensurate with experience
The Groundlings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and work to create an inclusive environment because we know it makes our school and theater better. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The Groundlings Theatre and School offers quarterly internships to qualified candidates. Candidates must be full-time college students (junior, senior, or graduate school) earning college credit. Internships are approximately 24 hours per week for 10-12 weeks. If interested in applying to our program, please send your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. Customer service and experience working in a theatre a plus!
We are not currently accepting submissions at this time due to closures from the pandemic. Once we are permitted to re-open, we will resume accepting applications.